Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, fixed the issue with the HOB overflow again. It was clogged. Going strong it seems.

My final order form SWF has arrived. 1 porcelain crab, 1 plum crazy, 1 bumblebee snail, 1 coco worm, 1 derasa clam, and 1 random brain. Just want to say, HOLY ****. You'll see why. I love saltwaterfish.com. The coco worm has been out once, but the dog scared it back in. Get a pic when I can.
img_2244143_0_1a7cd906f3c647f08a96938ff53f3ec5.jpg

img_2244143_1_1e99d8b08a343bd3b8b6eb52eae9912a.jpg

img_2244143_2_1e52350498b68db1c042015fe4b2c223.jpg

img_2244143_3_fe58cf8c9113d65c8a4f9c0438601f88.jpg

img_2244143_4_31258951a093dc803907d9654b384829.jpg

img_2244143_5_1cec8a712b1d6540e90d0645d0d651aa.jpg

Everything looks great!! Like the clam, and it seems happy. (Keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about clams) lol. But it seems like it opened up a little- that's good, right??

Everything looks beautiful! The brain adds such a nice splash of color. And the clam looks really cool. Nice additions!

I still can't believe how big the clam is. I have the shell from the maxima that died outside the tank and put it infront of it. Man, size of a quarter vs a 6-8 inch across monster. My jaw hit the floor when I picked it up.

Just have to say it that tank is magnificent and with mostly mail order that is the best tank I have seen with most of the corals mail order and one of the best personal tanks I've seen

Thank you. It has been quite the struggle to find just what I was looking for. The open brain and clam surprised me this time around. I've gotten pretty used to how things arrive in the mail. The clam is big. The brain, I was expecting another plain jane coral. I had myself prepared for an all green favia or something. I was kinda sad that it was an open brain at first. I have already killed 2 of them in the past, never even inflating themselves. I'm really believing that it is because of how powerful the Ecotech Radions are. Now that I have realized this and adjusted, things are doing much better. I literally sat infront of my tank for quite some time watching the brain inflate. Totally new experience, nothing in my tank is like it. Now to work out the technical bits with my dslr so everyone can see what I do as well.

I decided today after doing research last night that the reason my acro is brown is from too much zoo. How to decrease the zoo? Lower nutrients in water and increase light. Radions turned up 7%.

I decided today after doing research last night that the reason my acro is brown is from too much zoo. How to decrease the zoo? Lower nutrients in water and increase light. Radions turned up 7%.

I agree for acro color more light

I don't want it up too high though. The red planet acro has developed the green around the base and is just stunning. I now have the 3 acros that will keep me content, just need to get the color out of the starburst, it was a beautiful blue. Polyps still are. But like I said, intensity is turned up. Hopefully doesn't upset the Lps.

I don't want it up too high though. The red planet acro has developed the green around the base and is just stunning. I now have the 3 acros that will keep me content, just need to get the color out of the starburst, it was a beautiful blue. Polyps still are. But like I said, intensity is turned up. Hopefully doesn't upset the Lps.

Absolutly i agree dont wanna add to much light to quickly i was just saying more intense light creates more intense colors im new to the led world ive always used mh so far i like the mh better and will probably go back to them seems like my acros had way better color under the mh

Well I really like my radions. They have provided results. The penetration through the water is crazy, if I could read the par I would provide the results. I've never used mh, so I can't compare. I've thought about it on a future build...but being honest I just need to buy a home first. But so far, turning up the radions aiming at around 70% hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom