Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long ways away from that even though my bird's nest needs pruned pretty badly. Hopefully I can hold off a year so I can get into a new house so I have room for a bigger tank. That'll let me have a frag tank too.

Started a 4 gallon water change with the Kent salt that arrived yesterday. I love this stuff already. It took no time what so ever to mix up. IO and reef crystals are out, I'm sold on this stuff. No more going back to dilute after accidentally mixing up above 28. 2 cups of this stuff gave me 26 on the dot, beautiful.

Still waiting on the other part of my order to show up, with Jullian's thing and other goodies. It'll be here today. So will the r2g order with pods that I'm trading my gbta for. I'll be happy to have that guy gone. He never opened up well and is in prime coral real estate.

Speaking of corals, it looks like all is well. Nothing really of note has changed with the exception of my plate coral. I have worried about it since I got it. The white just concerned me, and the pics on the internet showed it having a more blue or purple inside, though still white. I took a picture of it and it showed the center looking like that, so I wasn't overly concerned. I look back and compare it to today, it is actually getting this coloring as it adjusts to the tank. Can't wait for it to continue to color up.

Ya I've been sold on Kent for a year now. Wouldn't mind trying the higher end ones though like salinity, h20, or red sea coral pro.

Ya I've been sold on Kent for a year now. Wouldn't mind trying the higher end ones though like salinity, h20, or red sea coral pro.

I just bought salinity.. I'll tell you how it goes. I'll be using it till may, then I'll probly buy it again lol.

Well, gbta is gone. Hopefully he moves off the rock so I can eat it back lol. Will put the pods in when I get home from work.

I started talking to a guy on Craigslist about a 90 gal with stand. Real good deal. That and it comes with a t5ho. My thought is if I get it to team up the radions and the t5ho together to get some better colors out of my corals. Give them some nice uv action.

Well, gbta is gone. Hopefully he moves off the rock so I can eat it back lol. Will put the pods in when I get home from work.

I started talking to a guy on Craigslist about a 90 gal with stand. Real good deal. That and it comes with a t5ho. My thought is if I get it to team up the radions and the t5ho together to get some better colors out of my corals. Give them some nice uv action.

Led and t5 hybrids look amazing from what I've seen. I'd pull out the old wavelength graph pics, but they wouldn't do much since it seems like you're already convinced lol.

img_2266207_0_424d95b5ce6eddf4afc0cdd6abbb4fdd.png
img_2266207_1_5ab112423d5688fbe96742b71870efee.jpg
img_2266207_2_6301c252df7d6603d330ca8ed6dff83a.png
img_2266207_3_e94eebbfb02f7c3695330b9c307aabcb.png
img_2266207_4_b6646c02835db61bedb2d94269d753ec.png
img_2266207_5_6577c707fc0014d36daf820076773025.png

i took these and related them to a high quality mh bulb.. because theyve been proven to give great results. if you want any more for a specific bulb just ask, im sure ill find it somewhere, i believe these are called spectrographs

Well, moved a couple of the SPS around. I wanted my plum crazy acro under more light and my pink stylophora more into the shade. Continuing to remove the hair and bubble algae as it appears. Still more than I want. Tomorrow will be the third 5 gallon water change in the last 7 days.

My other half of dr foster and smith order arrived. More glue and Purigen. It came with Jullian's Thing...what a pain to assemble. It is ok to use. See how things go.

Weekly update. This weekend will be the 4th PWC with the Kent salt. Will check levels this weekend as well.
Surprisingly, I had a feather duster die. Was sad to see, I liked that one. It happens, so not that worried about it. Still have one that has been in the tank for several months longer going strong...ironically from Petco I believe.
Planning on turning the Radions up again this weekend. It has been several weeks since I have messed with them and things are looking good. Have some increased color in my blue bottle brush, so we'll see if the light is effecting it or if it is just continuing to recover from the power outages from several months ago.
Overall though, the tank is looking good. The clam is open wider than I have ever seen it before. Still very excited about the Stop Smoking Clam and watching it react to me cleaning the sides of the tank or whatever else I'm doing in there.
From the last post with Jullian's Thing...this thing is pretty cool! No more broadcast feeding for me. Being able to feed the things in the tank I want and make sure they are fed makes me more comfortable with the coco worm. It was hard to try to feed it with a turkey baster, it would always retract...that and my arm isn't wet. Def a good pickup.

Sounding like things are going pretty good. Funny thing is I've had the best success with petco featherdusters then anywhere else lol.

I should provide more photos as update...but here is my designer open brain after lights out tonight. Was screwing around with my camera and stumbled upon my submission for the photo of the month. Much better than my last submission.
48667-albums10088-picture48901.jpg

What a day. I went to do some maintenance in a hopes I felt better after work. I was able to rip the dual reactor off the back of my tank. So...on to re hanging it. Done. I also started cleaning the gunk out of the sump. What a mess, didn't get it all. But I did replace the plate I had the skimmer sitting on with one of the styrofoam lids from my orders. Hopefully the skimmer gets back to running right to get the rest of the build up out of the sump, but with the skimmer being higher allowed me to take the panty hosed off of it as it isn't splashing anymore.

Seems like a constant up hill battle don't it? Lol atleast when your done doing it and you stand back to appreciate your work you realize its all worth it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom