Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is doing just fine. He is quite fat and is coming out more often as he hunts. I'll be honest, I like him but he costs me alot since he isn't eating frozen. If I upgrade the tank, he will more than likely go away. Don't think I'd ever see him in a 120 gallon tank. We'll see, that project is still in planning.

Selectivity: Purigen® is the highest capacity organic filtration resin on the market. No other products can compare to its ability to clear haziness and polish water to unparalleled clarity. Unlike other products on the market which are simple ion-exchange resins, Purigen® is specifically designed to be an organic scavenging resin. When ion-exchange resins are filled to capacity by metals and other contaminants, Purigen® has barely begun to reach its potential. Purigen® generally ignores simple elemental compounds, having an extreme affinity for nitrogenous organics. The primary source of nitrogenous compounds in an aquarium is waste. Fish, corals, even plants produce nitrogenous waste. Purigen® removes that waste faster and more completely than anything else on the market.

Capacity: Purigen’s™ possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area. All other resins on the market are purely spherical extruded beads. These beads remain smooth even under a microscope. Purigen® is both spherical and macroreticular. It has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.

Regeneration: Purigen® can also be regenerated. As it adsorbs waste products, Purigen® will change color from a pale blonde to a dark brown, almost black. Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off” the organics that have been removed from the tank. Watch out for products that claim to be regenerable with a brine solution. That is the regeneration procedure for ion-exchange purposes. A brine solution will not remove organics. While such resins have a limited capacity for organic adsorption, a brine regeneration process only replaces removed ionic compounds. It does not destroy large organic molecules that were removed, which is the primary function of organic adsorption resins.

Selectivity: Purigen® is the highest capacity organic filtration resin on the market. No other products can compare to its ability to clear haziness and polish water to unparalleled clarity. Unlike other products on the market which are simple ion-exchange resins, Purigen® is specifically designed to be an organic scavenging resin. When ion-exchange resins are filled to capacity by metals and other contaminants, Purigen® has barely begun to reach its potential. Purigen® generally ignores simple elemental compounds, having an extreme affinity for nitrogenous organics. The primary source of nitrogenous compounds in an aquarium is waste. Fish, corals, even plants produce nitrogenous waste. Purigen® removes that waste faster and more completely than anything else on the market.

Capacity: Purigen’s™ possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area. All other resins on the market are purely spherical extruded beads. These beads remain smooth even under a microscope. Purigen® is both spherical and macroreticular. It has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.

Regeneration: Purigen® can also be regenerated. As it adsorbs waste products, Purigen® will change color from a pale blonde to a dark brown, almost black. Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally “burn off” the organics that have been removed from the tank. Watch out for products that claim to be regenerable with a brine solution. That is the regeneration procedure for ion-exchange purposes. A brine solution will not remove organics. While such resins have a limited capacity for organic adsorption, a brine regeneration process only replaces removed ionic compounds. It does not destroy large organic molecules that were removed, which is the primary function of organic adsorption resins.
Thanks, I just used the last of my bioplastics, looks like I'll be looking into purigen.

I like the stuff. It is cheap, but you can recharge it with bleach and dechlorinator. Pretty crazy. I run it in one of my reactors. Make sure there is a sponge or something in there to keep it inside.

I like the stuff. It is cheap, but you can recharge it with bleach and dechlorinator. Pretty crazy. I run it in one of my reactors. Make sure there is a sponge or something in there to keep it inside.

Yeah the Phosban 150 has some set of plastic grate type thing on the top and the bottom, I wonder if that would be good enough. It not where might I get one?

Nevermind. I just looked at everything that was included with the Phosban since mine was given to me the foam discs were missing. Looks like I can get them from Dr.Fosters & Smith. Which will put my order over 50.00 and makes me eligible for free shipping!!!

Tank maintenance day. Salinity running solid at 1.025, temp at 80. Nitrates are 0, Alk 80 ppm, Calc 595, and phos .03. The phosphates aren't a surprise, that is coming out of my ro/di and need to order more resin. Then there is the alk, no clue how to get it where it needs to be at. Tried dosing and changing salt mix. No clue what the issue is. Chemistry needs to stop being hard and let me win this battle already.

Things appear to be doing well under the new graphing for the radions. The only scary bit, the nems started to move... my rbta is out of the sandbed and up halfway on the rock it was always near. The carpet nem didn't move much, just rotated more out and is quite close to my meteor shower.

I'm probably not one to ask but I say there is always more room! Haha

U can alyays send me sone of your stuff so you have roon for new lol. ooorrrr frag and sell some to lfs :/

If only my LFS would take things off their customers. Guess I'll have to wait til MRC gets his place up and running...

ANYWAY, there is officially an orange short tentacle plate and a purple short green tentacled plate coming my way. Thank you saltwaterfish.com!

I'm buffing out these frag tanks as we speak (taking a lil break, sure takes a lot of elbow grease haha) then ill he ready to start setting up shortly after and my taxes should be here in 2 weeks so shouldn't be too much longer and ill be small scale of where I wanna be :)

Well I'm still waiting, especially since this is still the 55 and haven't even made the call to order the new tank. Paying off the entire year of insurance on the car and house first.

img_2324997_0_890e99d1f23ea8a9a6efe7a5f2154c93.jpg

img_2324997_1_93e73640b07870fa33cd8068b51d02f9.jpg

Good picture. Awesome porcelain! I want to add a few more to my BC. I like the white ones and don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom