Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #71
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
Paid off my credit card early and made sure I was able to take part in the saving on saltwaterfish.com...because I said I wouldn't give in and everything. Ordered 3 from the EIBI, a Australian Ultra Worm Brain, Acan Echinata, Space Invaders Chalice, an ORA Indigo Dottyback, and a ORA Pink Stylophora. Content now lol. Going to move more rock over to the 55 today. Should be finished cycling by arrival.
__________________

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Paid off my credit card early and made sure I was able to take part in the saving on saltwaterfish.com...because I said I wouldn't give in and everything. Ordered 3 from the EIBI, a Australian Ultra Worm Brain, Acan Echinata, Space Invaders Chalice, an ORA Indigo Dottyback, and a ORA Pink Stylophora. Content now lol. Going to move more rock over to the 55 today. Should be finished cycling by arrival.
Way to go on paying off the credit card! They are pure evil, but so nice. LOL!

I'm looking forward to the pics of your new corals and fish!
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #73
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
Always glad to know I have someone still following this build along. It has gone sooo slow. Due to my own laziness and obliviousness. Paying off the credit card is easy, putting this tank together however is not. I am plumbing as we speak, hard line PVC. Doesn't help that it is snowing outside and something died in my walls a week or 2 ago. So glad the furnace could heat it back up for me.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Always glad to know I have someone still following this build along. It has gone sooo slow. Due to my own laziness and obliviousness. Paying off the credit card is easy, putting this tank together however is not. I am plumbing as we speak, hard line PVC. Doesn't help that it is snowing outside and something died in my walls a week or 2 ago. So glad the furnace could heat it back up for me.
Oh no!! That's gotta smell delightful. It's almost 90 here! I just washed my car. Now there's a helicopter flying over my house. Weird. Just doing a big circle.

Don't they say slower is better with saltwater? How's the plumbing going? Are you almost halfway done? Anyway, it going slow is easier for me to follow along. When will your corals arrive?
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #75
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
How very ironic you bring up my plumbing as I had just finished cleaning up and sending the pics to photobucket. Turns out I am short 1.5 ft of pipe, a 90 degree elbow, and I needed a threaded connecter...not the non-threaded that I got. It'll take me 5 seconds to set up tomorrow once I get home with the pieces after physical therapy, heading to my contractor's store, and maybe voting in the primary.
Sump/Fuge. Not enough room with new return pump, had to turn skimmer into HOB.

Unconnected CPR overflow

Connected BRS Dual media reactor

T-off for the media reactor
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #76
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 409
How that reactor work did u have it on ir other tank? I was going to buy one like that. Also it looks like u have a sea clone skimmer hub?
__________________
Jason M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #77
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
The reactor is brand new. I held off installing it until I could get it on my 55. And yes, that is my POS sea clone which became HOB today. It had been in the sump, but just no room for it and since the sump is an aqueon model, they think the sump belongs in the third section rather than the first.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #78
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
Well, I began assembly today as my nitrites are... 0! Had to pick up a couple more pieces from the hardware store, and the only thing keeping me from completing the entire project is that I bought the wrong size of threaded fitting to attach to my HOB overflow. But, that is ok. I just reused the spa tubing that I had on there originally. Did a minor test run and so far the only leaks are from areas I had not glued or taped. Construction continues.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Well, I began assembly today as my nitrites are... 0! Had to pick up a couple more pieces from the hardware store, and the only thing keeping me from completing the entire project is that I bought the wrong size of threaded fitting to attach to my HOB overflow. But, that is ok. I just reused the spa tubing that I had on there originally. Did a minor test run and so far the only leaks are from areas I had not glued or taped. Construction continues.
Awesome!! That cycle seemed to go on for ages! Now it will be all ready to go when you get your new corals and fish!
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #80
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,510
Easily thank god. But as a word of warning, don't be like hank...over dosing ammonia makes the wait even worse. Just finished gluing all of the PVC. When I dry fit everything the only leaks were at the simple plug and play seals that came with the BRS reactor...we'll see if I fixed that. Have yet to plug in the return pump with the whole system...but I did fill a gallon bucket and plug it in on my parent's porch. They were quite surprised to see me firing water off of it...that'll show them for not having a screened in porch like I do.
__________________

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef build, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.