Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is a setosa. Odd little SPS. Thing grew up before folding over and encrusting again in a spot behind it.
Also changed it so the right side of the tank is pictured, rather than the middle twice, so you can see the LTA right beside where my little powerhead blew all of the sand around the tank when it fell down.

Nice setosa hank, I love mine. What's the big colony in the top right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But I know there are people out there who don't have shadowing issues like this. Just don't currently see a solution...I sometimes wonder what bulbs would do in the situation, or even a change in optics if an option.

I still make my own food. I find it cheaper and cleaner. I like to know what I'm putting in my tank. As for the lighting, you could throw a T5 retro kit over the tank as a supplement. You could put just blues in it and put one or two lamps in front and one or two in back. When I ran T5 over my tanks I wouldn't get any shadowing really. A friend of mine does that very things, and his corals are evenly lit. He's using radions and ATI T5 retro kits, so he still gets his shimmer too.

Def something to consider. I remember thinking about that in the early life stages of this tank. Don't think it'll be happening on this build...at least where it is currently located. There has to be a solution to get LEDs light everywhere.

Yeah, you need a handful of par 38's and direct them at all the dark areas....like they do in Japan--
img_3141967_0_ee067de52f4b9cd205b92c022ef8c2e9.jpg

You have an Instagram for this tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finally got the new attachment for the skimmer pump. Everything hooks up and works. Can't get the water level up or the bubbles to get halfway up the skimmer body...let alone the collection cup. So, here's hoping it needs to break in some more. I truly hate skimmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom