Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Oregon tort locally was about 10 inch in size was like $350. a little rich for my blood , but it sure was one pretty coral that blue sure glimmered under the light ,
I also don't have the green thumb for sps

Still undecided on that one, though I want it for sure. I'm sitting here staring into the tank wondering where I'll put it!

Edit: And I'm not sure how I feel about the frag I see on Ebay...

Still undecided on that one, though I want it for sure. I'm sitting here staring into the tank wondering where I'll put it!

Edit: And I'm not sure how I feel about the frag I see on Ebay...

That's the true reefer dilemma right there! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wide angle lenses installed. Really easy. Sadly, one of the two RMS was defective and wouldn't tighten to secure to the side of the tank. One up and running and waiting on what the fix is going to be. The one fix I had to do was some minor work on the lip of the tank so the RMS would go on with the dremel. No structural issues, just the lip that I had the old moonlighting on...which is also no longer on the tank.
Other cool news, the guy who I'm getting the oregon tort off of feels bad sending one frag and said there will be another goodie in there. So, cool! He has some great stuff.

Picked up a Lubbock's fairy wrasse. Here's hoping it sticks.

Seems like an interesting fish, are they aggressive? Thinking about some sort of wrasse for the 55, but I'm worried about the randall's goby and cardinals with it.

I doubt there will be any aggression out of it in there. Between the coral beauty and the lawnmower blenny, top dog status is already there. Is a cool fish, guy said it had been in the store for months...I just don't remember it. Either way, I've been too long without a wrasse.
I sure can't wait until I get the new RMS so things look smooth. Really cool equipment all around. I'm a real Ecotech junkie at this point.
And in other news, the oregon tort should be shipped out tomorrow. Can't wait.

Got the oregon tort! It is beautiful. Came in with a birds nest and a zoa as freebies. With a -7 windchill, currently temp acclimating before any type of drip acclimation.
Then, also got the adapter for the diamond core bit. Already drilled a hole in a piece of rubble for a frag to go into. Cool stuff out of a 12 volt drill.
Still waiting on the arrival of the RMS so everything can be fully squared away.

All about research buddy. With no coral really being sold around me, have to get creative. About 20 minutes of searching the wonderful world wide web to price check. It's the same thing I did when I go to buy a car...except I don't pit dealerships against each other to get the best bang for my buck. The car is blue like the oregon tort for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom