Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics or it didn't happen!!! Ponapes my favorite of the birdsnests too, it's a great coral

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got the oregon tort! It is beautiful. Came in with a birds nest and a zoa as freebies. With a -7 windchill, currently temp acclimating before any type of drip acclimation.
Then, also got the adapter for the diamond core bit. Already drilled a hole in a piece of rubble for a frag to go into. Cool stuff out of a 12 volt drill.
Still waiting on the arrival of the RMS so everything can be fully squared away.

-7 windchill .... Ouch !!!! It's currently about 90 degrees out her in San Diego and the only thing cold is the beer coming out of the refrigerator !!!
A hat and sunscreen a must out here this week !!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Pff, that is actually kinda warm compared to how it can get.
In other news, the fairy wrasse is out and about. He just ate with the rest of the tribe so here is to finally being successful with acclimating a wrasse.

Nice looking wrasse! Kinda hard to see the colors of the corals, have you tried turning the blues down for pics?

Oregon tort seems like a pretty sweet coral, just wish it would grow more quickly so everyone could have some :)

When I normally take pictures the blues aren't as strong...but that is around noon. It is all programmed.
I found that pictures came out the most true to life with the blues completely off. It looks ugly and yellow to the naked eye, but the camera pics up another story entirely.

Well, not really much to talk about.
The Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse has been great. I was expecting it to hide often, but it is always out and about. Pretty excited about that.
There was a new update for the reeflink software today that added a 'gyre' effect to the MP's. Debating on if I'm going to fiddle with it or simply leave well enough alone since I'm pretty content with how things are going in the tank currently.
The only other thing is that I still want that pearlberry. I'll think about it over the next couple of days, as it looks like I'll have Tuesday off to accept a package. Not that such a thing fuels my impulsive buying of coral or anything...

I seen a Lubbock's today at Petco. First time I've ever seen one in there. Very pretty fish. I was tempted to getting it, but had to pass. I'd love to see a photo of your guy if that's possible. That's awesome he stays out and about.

The tort looks to be doing just great. Really nice little piece. I try not to look at it daily, only because when I do I end up looking to see if there has been any encrusting and so on. Just need not to nit pick about it and let it do its thing.
I'll try to get some pictures when I go on my days off Paul.

The tort looks to be doing just great. Really nice little piece. I try not to look at it daily, only because when I do I end up looking to see if there has been any encrusting and so on. Just need not to nit pick about it and let it do its thing.
I'll try to get some pictures when I go on my days off Paul.

Sounds good! (y)

Thought I'd update with some actual readings!
Alk - 117 ppm
phos - .05
cal - 600

In terms of how the tank is, things are ok but could be better. Algae grows and have cyano in a spot. The birds nest that came as a freebie with the tort didn't come in good shape and I doubt it'll recover.
As for the tort, I am suspicious that there is some tissue recession from the bottom...debating on if I'm going to glue over it or keep an eye on it.

That high of a calcium level will cause Alk to drop due to calcium carbonate precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom