so far so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
today I added 2 yellow tail's and 1 hermit crab to my 29 gallon tank. They seem to be doing fine other then the three of them I have 3 medium sized pieces of live rock. The thing I am worried about is that the two yellow tail's I added are just an inch big.

So my question is will other larger fish maybe hurt them or something? Also a few more questions, first is there a type of glue that is tank friendly to make sure when I stack live rock on top of each other that they do not fall over? Second question, what other fish might you recommend I add to the tank after I keep the yellow tails alive for at least one month, maybe longer? Third is there any thing I should know before I get more live rock and is there something to look at later on when I start to add coral? Any answers on any of the questions above would help, and if there is more I need to look at before I add anymore.

I have looked at my lights and filter so don't worry about that. I know one more question what are some good inverts to add to my tank to make it even better, I am looking at two cleaner shrimp and some more hermit carbs.

I think you're talking about the yellow tail damsels... if so... from what I've read and seen in others tanks, they can hold their own and may be the aggressors, even towards bigger fish. (small fish syndrome) :)

Yes, there are a few types of coral and rock epoxies that are reef safe....check with your LFS.

Your 29G is not a big enough tank to keep a bunch of fish. I would say that if they both make it through the cycle and you plan on keeping them both, you may only have room for one more.... such as a clown, or something small. Lots of LR and a good skimmer will reduce your bioload to afford this but the general rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons.

If you decide to add more LR, it MUST be CURED. Otherwise, you will start another nitrogen cycle and the ammonia spike will most likely, kill your fish.

you can get some astrea, cerith and nassarius snails to add to your clean up crew and some more hermit crabs.

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom