So...., how do you all think I am doing so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
The tank (details in sig) is three months old. Right now I have 5 Blue/Green Chromis that have been in the tank for two months, and I just transfered a Powder Blue Tang that was in quarantine for four weeks. Today I picked up a pair of mated Ocellaris (sp?) clowns that have just started their quarantine.

So, that means that in four months I will have added eight fish; five small, two medium, and one large. Is that too much too fast? So far the Chromis are thriving (no suprise) and the PBT is active and healthy. I have had a few snails die in the last few days as well as a small conch, which is why I am asking the question. Could something like that be symptamatic of me adding live stock too fast?

As far as inverts I have five hermits and one fire shimp (added today) as well as an assortment of snails numbering around 20.

Parameters:

Ammonia = 0
Nitrites = 0
Nitrates = 10
Phosphates = .5
Ph = 8.0
Salinity = 1.023

I do two 25% water changes a week, but I can't get those nitrates down to 0. My skimmer works overtime taking out all sorts of stuff, and I clean it every day. I only feed every other day and sparingly at that. I have tried working with the PH using buffer, but 8.0 is as high as I can get it and keep in stable.

So, does everything sound good? I can take those clowns back if need be. In all actuallity they are not looking too good in the quarantine tank. They were active and feeding in the LFS but after two hours of drip acclamation they are cowering inder a PWC fixture and not active at all. I guess I will give it a couple of days to let them get used to their home.

Back
Top Bottom