So i gotta move and transport my 37 bf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kodvenom

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm so nervous about this move I'm not going to be able to take my tank with me right away. I'm going to be transporting it to a friends tonight for a couple weeks until I can move it cross 2 states. Any suggestions I'm so nervous after I set it up again tonight I'm going to lose my ecosystem I have established with it and lose my fish :( any suggestions and help would be awesome.

I was going to put my water in 2 buckets one with rock other with fish. Than empty my tank and keep as much as my water as I can and just leave a little water to keep the sand bed moist in the aquarium. Transport it about 30 min and set everything back up? Good bad ?

Ps I'm scared

That's how I'd do it. If you have an HOB with pads you should put those in with the rock and keep the BB on them going as well. I'm sure you've though of this already but make sure your new location has all the outlets, stand, etc, and everything else you'll need already in place. Get some extra water and extension cords too, you never know what may happen when you arrive and you'll likely need to wait a while after you put the water back in. Maybe you can do a PWC a couple days before and save the water to fill the tank back up when you do the move so you can keep your fish in the bucket while the water clears.

I'm going to be moving my tank onto a different table and replacing in the same location, so I'll get to plan a move of my tank and not go anywhere at all. Even though I'm not traveling with it, I'm not looking forward to the project, but I know if I take my time and plan wisely all will be well. As always in this hobby patience is key, just plan it out and stick to the plan the best you can.

You mentioned having to drive to your friends, see if you can find a cheap inverter for you car lighter. Inverters allow you to have a standard outlet in your car, run an extension cord and put one of your powerheads in your bucket with the fish to keep the water O2'd.

Slow is Fast, Fast is Smooth.

Back
Top Bottom