So I'm finally starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY

AMMO 0
NITRITES 0
NITRATE 10

looks like fish this week for sure, going out mof town for 2 days and then pwc, remove shrimp and buy fish. its so nice to have the last 3 months worth of planing finally coming together. now roll the lucky dice and hope cyber monday brings me a good 36" light deal

Coel said:
YAY

AMMO 0
NITRITES 0
NITRATE 10

looks like fish this week for sure, going out mof town for 2 days and then pwc, remove shrimp and buy fish. its so nice to have the last 3 months worth of planing finally coming together. now roll the lucky dice and hope cyber monday brings me a good 36" light deal

Congrats on all of that!! Btw, I'm getting to have my nano tank at the end of December! I went and looked at it and it was great! I forgot to take a picture. Silly me! :banghead:

That's a nice set up. I bought for my 55g a 48'' 4 bulb t5 HO set up with 8 LED moonlight off e-bay for 102 shipped. I wish I would of saw this sooner I would of mentioned it to you. It seems like it's a no-name brand but the bulbs are up to par with other companies I have researched. Same watts/and output.

Does it have individual reflectors because that was a must have for me, and I was struggling to find one for less that did

No it does not, it has 1 reflector running behind the 4 bulbs. It's still a nice set up. If you dont mind me asking, why have reflectors behind each individual bulb? Brighter the light i'd assume. My tank to the top of the sand is about 18'' so It hits the bottom just fine.

The individual reflectors are usually made of higher quality reflective material and direct more light per bulb back to the tank and less bleeding over the edges of the tank.

I plan on getting 3 juvenile green chromis if they come in. Since I was doing such a large pwc to start I figured I would do it a day early

Picture time, not the best quality, I promise better later but it was just a quick picture. Here is Ernie and his two new friends. Ernie was rehomed from the 5g nano that I had to put him in since the girlfriend brought him home. Also when I moved a few things from the nano over to the 38g, I somehow hitch hiked a pod over so hopefully I can establish a good size colony.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.jpg
    IMG_6412.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 82
Yeah they are kind of the reason I wanted a salt water tank I enjoy the way they look and their behavior. And then I saw the price and couldn't say no. So my $$$ aquarium for 5$ fish lol

Coel said:
Picture time, not the best quality, I promise better later but it was just a quick picture. Here is Ernie and his two new friends. Ernie was rehomed from the 5g nano that I had to put him in since the girlfriend brought him home. Also when I moved a few things from the nano over to the 38g, I somehow hitch hiked a pod over so hopefully I can establish a good size colony.

Thats awesome! Are you enjoying them? For fun, here are the blue green chromis in my brothers tank!

Attachments

• image-873479633.jpg
    image-873479633.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 117
Oh yeah I love watching them already they are still a bit nervous from today, if they don't eat tomorrow ill get garlic

So in put a seaweed sheet in yesterday... Well 1/4 of one anyway and I was going to remove it this morning but my hitch hiking pods seem to love it. Is there any harm in leaving it?

Attachments

• image-3191043511.jpg
    image-3191043511.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 81
Yes. It's called overfeeding lol. If you leave it in it will begin to break down into the nitrogen process and cause your nitrates and phosphates to rise.

Shake it.. what ever stays on don't worry about they wont effect your numbers really. They repopulate very quickly and for every one you see there is probably 100 more in hiding

Back
Top Bottom