So I'm finally starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
So in addition to really being close to beginning this will be my last post about starting my 38g reef. By really close I mean I have my rock as of like 5 min ago I ordered 40lbs of the reef saver from brs here is a pic

Also my trusty assistant Binx

Attachments

• image-1805518367.jpg
    image-1805518367.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 261
So trying to stack my rock is frustrating, any advice on how to glue it together? I was thinking of glueing a few pieces so everything is still mobile but more sturdy.

Also stock list trying to plan out the gf is going make get something purple. Any advice I know it's not a large tank but it needs to be reef safe

Coel said:
Also stock list trying to plan out the gf is going make get something purple. Any advice I know it's not a large tank but it needs to be reef safe

Royal gamma, purple firefish, helfrichi firefish, or some other dottybacks

Thanks ill get picture ready for her to look at, the only fish I have as a definite is the blue green chromis. I loved the fish before I saw its price lol made me love it more

My green chromis are so cute, and they get along with everyone. :) They're a schooling fish, so get at least 2-3 of them. My 3 have adopted my bartletts anthias, and she schools around with them sometimes. :) it's cute.

I was thinking 3 the gf got me a tiny juvie for my nano so I'm rushing my 38 build to give him a better home

And she likes the royal gramma basslet since its a carnivore will I need to daily feeding of frozen food like mysis etc or will it take flake as well? And I don't mind the more complex feeding just want to know

My royal gramma eats anything. It's best to vary the diet, though. In the wild, fish don't eat the same thing every day. I have about 7-8 different types of food that I rotate. You don't need to get quite that many, but get a few different ones.

Just with my nano I have flake and pellet as well as frozen brine/mysis/ seaweed I have a variety just trying to be ready

So this is interesting, I've been a fw guy for so long I forgot how much space (gallons) decorations, substrate, etc took up. After sand and rock the 38 took 26 gallons of ro....

No salt in yet I am waiting for it to get here but I wanted to know how much I needed to add. And cloudy so going to run filter floss while waiting on shipping for silicates etc but here's a cloudy pic

Attachments

• image-2893238569.jpg
    image-2893238569.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 203
I know the feeling of wanting to get things moving, but you got a bit ahead of yourself........ salt should've gone in before the sand.

Oh I know I just wasn't sure how much water it would tank and unfortunately i don't had the space to make say 50gallons so I wanted to know how many gallons of water my tank held with sand and rock I'm going to borrow 50g worth of salt from a friend and then add it tomorrow to the spec. I figure if I go a little short it should have time to mix in and the. I can slowly bring it to the right sg. Also I was hoping to get some of the water cleared up.... Even though as I type this I know I'm going to have to mix it up......

Also odd question could I run a spar hob and add my salt into the hob so the water has to dissolve it? That way it wouldn't settle on the sand and take longer?

Back
Top Bottom