Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #91
AA Team Emeritus

Can't tell you how to judge what size you can put in there. May have to get a handfull of shells you think might work in various sizes. Not too large a dif between them though. And can't tell how long you've got. I'd guess you'll be fine for a month maybe. Or more. Again, I'm just guessing. Mine lived for 4 months I think I remember.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice Regular

So i just bought s Koran Angel about 1.5 inches long, I fell in love with it at the LFS. But im getting a 75G next week so its only in this tank temporarily. The only thing is now the yellow goby looks a little stressed, but theyre compatible. The Goby has been peacefully in a hole on the bottom of the rock ever since I bought him, he only came out when I feed them. Now hes out all the time, but I dont see the angel picking on him. Shes gone by the hole he usually lives in a few times but thats about it. The Goby has even been swimming at the surface which he never ever did, so im just a little worried. I dont know maybe its just a coincidence that hes becoming more comfortable in the tank as soon as I put the angel in. Ive only had him for about a week or so, so idk. Anyone?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just did a test..Nitrite is 0, Ammonia is 0, Ph is fine, but my Nitrate is a little high at 30-40 ppm. Is there anything I should do to get that back down to just let it clear out on its own?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Regular

FTS

Im getting rid of the plants soon. They look cheesy. lol
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #95
AA Team Emeritus

Gotta find the source of the nitrates. Describe your feeding habits. How often and what are you feeding?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well ive been PM'ing back and forth with CaptAhab and he helped a lot. Im going to do a PWC either today or tomorrow and hopefully that should cure my nitrate spike and I feed them enriched brine shrimp once a day, but im going to get a algae sheet for the angel soon.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

With your angel fish out and about your goby now feels safer and that is the most likely reason he is out and about. It's like "Oh he's out and about so it must be safe so I can come out too".
Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Regular

I really hope thats the reason, that would make me feel a lot better. But why wouldnt he do that with the 3 chromis and the shrimp? Bc they were there first and he felt intimidated? Kinda makes sense lol
Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok so I did my PWC today and the goby hasnt gotten any better. He has just been laying at the bottom kinda motionless, with all his fins down, out in the open but I still see that hes breathing normal. I did feed him about an hour ago and he did eat, but hes not scared of anything like he used to be and for the past 2 days he has been sleeping 3/4 of the way up the tank behind the filter and heater and comes down when the lights come on. My parms are all 0 besides the nitrate being 20 and nitrite being around a 0.6. Salinity is at 1.022 and temp is at 76. I dont know what is causing him to act like this. I cant help but think its the angel but I havent even seem him around the goby. Anyone?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your tank is cycled you should not have any nitrite readings at all. It should be 0,0,20. Has anything died in your tank lately?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com