so many problems help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tested myself and also had the lfs test it with the same results I am thinking of using the live rock do i have to wait until after my tank cycles before i add the live rock also about how many pounds do u think for my 60g thanks I was hoping on adding some live rock and still using my decorations because they cost alot of $ and i also like tham thanks I am going to my lfs today it is an hour drive so i kind of wanna plan out what to get before i go thanks

Rule of thumb is about 1-2 Lbs of LR per G of aquarium capacity. So in your case around 100Lbs. of LR should be good. Remember that based on the density of the rock you buy, the LR will take up more of less space in your tank and your water capacity will be reduced (keep that in mind when you need to figure dosing calculations based on water volumes). If you buy the LR online (it is much cheaper than your LFS), you can get about 60Lbs. of base rock which is cheaper and then about 40Lbs of LR that will go on top of the base rock. This will see the base rock until it too is live. If you go this route, you can actually cycle your tank with the LR in your tank (that's what I did). As far as decorations, the aquascaping is a very personal choice, just make sure that you have good water circulation in the tank with no dead spots. Other than that, decorate to your heart's content. Its your tank and you have to be happy with the way it looks :)
Most of what you need can be obtained much more affordably on-line. Your LFS typically will charge around $10/Lb. for the LR and they may or may not have base rock. Unfortunately you are in a time crunch, but there are some great places that will ship you both base and LR very quickly. LR always comes o/nite anyway. Make sure you buy pre-cured only to reduce the chances of unwanted hitchhikers. And also recommended that you pre-treat the LR to remove any that are still there. Do a search for LR, hitchhikers and manthis shrimp here and you should get some good information. HTH. 8)

Back
Top Bottom