So there's this new tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

42jeff

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
...and while it was filling with water I kind of started looking at it like a brand new notebook. So many possibilities. So many different ways to arrange so many different things. The tank itself is a 90 Gallon Wave. I've got a 300W heater and Emperor 400 on it at the moment.

Then the live sand and crushed coral went in and it kinda developed a little personality. Amazing what a few pieces of live rock did for it...and now I can visualize the tank...well...when I'm not sitting and staring obsessively at all the little things growing off the rock. I'm up to about 30 pounds or so at the moment. As the water evaporates I'm adding more rock.

The cycling seems to be going a little slower than my 29 gallon (up to a week now and still only ammonia-no Nitrite or Nitrate. PH-8.2 Salin-1.022 Temp 75 ) and it's absolutely KILLING me to not run out and fill it up.

I've been biding my time by filling out my 29 gallon (who's salinity has finally stabilized). Got a maroon clown who's having some housing issues - his anenome has taken up residence on the bottom edge of one of my live rocks and only presents about three square inches for the clown to love on. Got some star polyps that seem to be thrilled to be in my tank, they're even more pronounced here than in the lfs. Got a Blue Damsel that seemed to have given my clown lessons on EATING. I don't think I saw my clown eat for the first week, but now that he's got some competition, they're both pigs. I KNOW I put some crabs in there last week...they're in there somewhere.

We came to the realization last night that we're going to have to stop trying to keep tabs on every little critter in there once this new tank is up and going. That's probably going to be the hardest part...it's just so derned addictive. Well...off to lunch and to obsess over that stinkin tank some more.....

8)

welcome to the addiction... err... hobby... err... yea, they're the same thing :wink:

Back
Top Bottom