So what next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got the framing built on the stand and the pluming is run. I didn't glue it together yet. And I still need to put my baffles in. Obviously I want to finish the stand asap so I can get it into the right room. But I was wondering what you guys thought I should with my next pay check? I still need skimmer, rodi, lighting, etc.

If I had a choice I would vote for the ro/di and a refractometer. About $100 total. The lighting will be a big expense so you might wanna start saving for it.

How big is your tank? Are you intending on corals and if so when?

Well I have had salt water before so I do have some of testing stuff. I am not entirely sure what kind of livestock I wanna do yet and that will determine if I go reef or not. It's a 90 gallon... Whoops I forgot to post the pics. But if I do go reef it won't be for at least a few months. But where could I find an rodi unit for $100

There we go. I plan on do a dsb on the right and the skimmer in between the pump and intake

Attachments

• image-1829462722.jpg
    image-1829462722.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3774511919.jpg
    image-3774511919.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2919593428.jpg
    image-2919593428.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 107
Perfect. That's a big help. Are there all the replaceable filters and what not availible for it. Have you had any luck other eBay items?? Powerheads lighting things like that? I do have a hydrometer would like get a better one though

The company on ebay for the ro/di units sells replacement filters for each of their units. They run from $19 up to $34 I think. A tds meter for like $15 willt ell you when you have to replace your filters. the website says the time frame you get from each filter cartridge.

I bought this refractometer and it has proven to be very accurate and I've seen the same model on websites for $50.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I've bought things here and there on ebay, just be sure to use a credit card in case of a shady seller. i havent been out any money in years. depedningon what you are looking for I can probably find a online store for it so just ask. I spend hours each day browsing and researching as I have 9 tanks now. :)

Well you certainly know what your doing. It helps alot. But what do you use for salt mix?

When I started I used regular instant ocean. Since I have a lot of corals now I use instant ocean reef crystals. Everyone has their own favorites, so the best advice is to start simple and maybe try other kinds til you find the one you like. I buy in 200g boxes as it's only $47 adn it gives you enough time to determine if you like it or not.

Sounds good. Any recommendations on a good skimmer that's not $500? Thanks again

Awesome I just ordered the rodi filter. And I think I decided on the reef octopus 6" skimmer. Now I just need to decide what I wanna do for rock. Any recommendations? I was most gonna go with dry rock of some sort then seed with live rock?

I have pics of it on my profile, when I 1st got it till now. I love it. Awesome color, porous, and plenty of places for fish, inverts to hide and move around. Plus easy to put frags on. It's more rock for ur buck too.

I got 15 from reefcleaners... It was a lot... Lol... Rest is Fiji from lfs, adds up to about 80-90lbs... So total of 105 or so...

Back
Top Bottom