Softies and lps to sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have mainly softies and lps in my tank and the moment. Can I enter in some sps to my tank or will I have to do a complete convert

I've got a mixed reef with softies (zoas, palys, 'shrooms), LPS (trumpet, candy, acan), and SPS..... granted, I don't keep tough acros, but I do have M. monasteriata, M. digitatas, and birdsnest.

I've got a mixed reef with softies (zoas, palys, 'shrooms), LPS (trumpet, candy, acan), and SPS..... granted, I don't keep tough acros, but I do have M. monasteriata, M. digitatas, and birdsnest.

Sounds like most if the softies and lps I have. And I was told the skimmer will remove most of the chemicals warfare that can erupt?
And do you find them both frowning equally well?

You'll be fine mixing it up. There won't be any problems. Just don't put them in close proximity of each other. Flow and lighting must be a bit higher than for softies and lps though.

You'll be fine mixing it up. There won't be any problems. Just don't put them in close proximity of each other. Flow and lighting must be a bit higher than for softies and lps though.

That sounds great I was thinking I would have to take out everything and swap for sps.

And by lighting do you mean they have to be a good bit higher to the surface. Or actually stronger lux

Back
Top Bottom