Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Some input on reef tank

WOW ,what an incredible informative website! Almost all my questions have been answered in the stickies! I would just like your expert opininated comments on starting a reef tank for a beginner. Is it a good idea, or should I wait until I gain some SW fishkeeping experience? Thanks again,

BTW my tank is a 90 gal. I have 2 Fluval can filters, and I am planning on purchasing the suggested RO filtration system, and a protein skimmer.

Polar_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
If your tank is brand new, let it cycle properly. In the meantime start reading and researching about what you plan to keep. Your tank must be stable in order for corals to survive and flourish. As long as you research, and know about the corals you plan on keeping you should be OK. Knowing in advance what you want will help you plan to get it. A reef tank is a little more tricky than a fish only tank, but with preparation it's not too difficult. Good luck!

AndyH5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Id wait a few months or more before adding corals. What type of lighting and power do you have?
Come Join The Dark Side
Marc118 is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com