Some input on reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polar_Bus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
WOW ,what an incredible informative website! Almost all my questions have been answered in the stickies! I would just like your expert opininated comments on starting a reef tank for a beginner. Is it a good idea, or should I wait until I gain some SW fishkeeping experience? Thanks again,
Rich

BTW my tank is a 90 gal. I have 2 Fluval can filters, and I am planning on purchasing the suggested RO filtration system, and a protein skimmer.

If your tank is brand new, let it cycle properly. In the meantime start reading and researching about what you plan to keep. Your tank must be stable in order for corals to survive and flourish. As long as you research, and know about the corals you plan on keeping you should be OK. Knowing in advance what you want will help you plan to get it. A reef tank is a little more tricky than a fish only tank, but with preparation it's not too difficult. Good luck!

Id wait a few months or more before adding corals. What type of lighting and power do you have?

Back
Top Bottom