Some Question(s) - New to Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I told my mother if she pays for all the equipment for a saltwater tank I would do the maintenance/feeding etc. local Pet shop has a amazing deals on big tanks and equipment on Black Friday/Cyber Monday so we will probably pick up most our stuff then. I'll see if my real lfs has any sales but they charge way more then Pet shop and we are not made out of money. Whats the best way to go about choosing a tank if we wanted to turn it into a reef tank later? It would be annoying to have to buy a brand new tank just to switch it to reef.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning on doing a FOWLR now then reef later? What size tank are you considering? Do you have a of equipment for this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bigger is always better but a good size IMO to start of with is a 55 gallon tank. It has more water volume and will be more forgiving on water start up issues. Good luck on the start up.

Bigger is always better but a good size IMO to start of with is a 55 gallon tank. It has more water volume and will be more forgiving on water start up issues. Good luck on the start up.
55g are hard to aquascape given the short distance front to back

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom