someone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dscannapieco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish1:hello everyone I need help with this because i'm reading all kinda things. I have a 220 gallon salt water tank. My tank become ill with ich and all my fish just died. the only thing in my tank is star fish, snails and live rock with mushrooms on it. Can someone tell me how to clean my tank now. I was reading and it said drain the tank out clean it with eaither bleech or vinger then take the sand boil it and the live rock. can some one help me on what to do because i really don't wanna drain the whole thing out and wait a month for the cycle. Please help

You could let it sit fallow. Making without fish I believe. Then I would assume treat with the high temp method. I'm not sure as I've never had salt though. Hopefully someone can confirm or help.

Nono don't break it down and do any of those things lol high temp don't work in salt as ick needs fish to survive let tank sit with just yur inverts in it no fish for six weeks and it will be rid of the parasite also qt all specimens befor adding to dt tank

Don't treat yur dt with meds it will kill the inverts and coral if.u got um and absorb in yur rock sand and silicone if yur tanks glass

bskerrichard27 said:
Don't treat yur dt with meds it will kill the inverts and coral if.u got um and absorb in yur rock sand and silicone if yur tanks glass

+1 as long as the parasite has no host it will die off you just need to wait out the life cycle of it

ich

so just let the tank stay the way it is and don't break it down. then wait 6 weeks before i put fish in it. this is driving be so crazy i just wanna go in a corner and cry.

dscannapieco said:
so just let the tank stay the way it is and don't break it down. then wait 6 weeks before i put fish in it. this is driving be so crazy i just wanna go in a corner and cry.

I'm afraid so if you don't wanna ruin your rock for future reef or kill any inverts or corals. 6 weeks isn't really that bad though, not as long as if you restarted : /

after the 6 weeks have the water tested and should i just buy some dumm little fish to throw in there to see how they are.

dscannapieco said:
after the 6 weeks have the water tested and should i just buy some dumm little fish to throw in there to see how they are.

No fish for 6 weeks! If you add a fish before then the ich will return since a host was introduced.

Wait 6 weeks, test the water and think about some cheap chromis first. A Quarantine tank would be a good idea if you wanna prevent any possible parasites and disease in the future

Back
Top Bottom