Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
More rookie questions about the anemone in our 29g cube...it had nestled in the sand for a week+, but has since removed itself and is floating around now. Tank stats and questions...ammonia 0, trites 0, trates 40, pH 8.1, SG .0123, temp 80. Have been battling the Cyanobacteria (I think, or have been helped with trying to diagnose in earlier posts) and doing water changes 5 gals at a time - today/tomorrow will be 2nd WC on a weekly frequency. Have reduced feeding the tank to 1/2 cube of Cyclops every 2-3 days, and have been leaving the light on less.
Questions -
•What is going on with the anemone and what to do if anything.
•Are we feeding it the right thing, or should we use something else (what else, how, and how often).
•Does it look healthy, or is this the beginning of trouble?
•Is the tank not established enough (something I've seen mentioned in various other postings)? It's roughly a month old, and again I have another 55g tank running for a year+
Any an all thoughts or suggestions are always much appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425137623.363896.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	265797Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425137666.441918.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	265798

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oceans n Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It looks bleached. That's not good. feeding it anything large is stressful to it (it takes a lot of energy to process food). Also, it letting go is a sign it's not happy and would like to relocate to a better spot. It could very well be the nitrate.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com