Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

I will be creating a new 90g soon to be reef but first I want to put in fishes. the tank hasn't cycled as of yet but I want to pre pared a plan first

I want to add
1 bristle tooth tomini tang
4 blue reef chromis
2 fire fish
2 paired mandarins (maybe)
2 or 1 engineer goby
1 long fin fairy wrasse

Everything is subject to change and I haven't finished thinking about my cleaner crew but tips are helpful are they compatible and will it be overstocked.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi there. You're definitely not overstocked given you have a decent amt of rock, skimmer, and other equipment etc. I would only caution you on the mandarins. They eat copepods only. A tank your size will have issues producing enough of them for 1 mandarin, let alone two. If you really want those fish, find some that are trained on prepared food.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post
Hi there. You're definitely not overstocked given you have a decent amt of rock, skimmer, and other equipment etc. I would only caution you on the mandarins. They eat copepods only. A tank your size will have issues producing enough of them for 1 mandarin, let alone two. If you really want those fish, find some that are trained on prepared food.
Yeah thats the only problems with the mandarins that why I had a maybe. Iam concerned about the copepods so I defiantly trying to see if I can' get them already trained. I will have a refugium in there for the copepods and if my lfs sells them I defiantly wouldn't mind going there often and it setting up something just to breed the copepods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com