Sorry guys I just got my first FISH !!!!!! questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Before everyone panics and says I did something crazy it's not really what you think.. I got a blue tang and put him Qt For the next 3 weeks.. The tank had been cycled for a while even with me still having problems with the main I had a biowheel in my tank for about a week getting bacteria and well I mean it's a QT tank and even with the cloudy water lvls never changed so by the time he hits it barring a prollem it will have been stable for 6 weeks.. Please don't be mad :( Also though I got my cleaner shrimp and she is missing one antenna something about an arrow crab the guy told me.. and I have her drip acclimating right now.. can I just put her in the big tank?? Or should she go in the Qt too? I was kinda hoping that since there are no fish in the big tank and won't be for 3 weeks mabye one or two babies would live cause I am putting in an herbivour-sp fish when I do what do you think on that?? I am afraid if she goes in the QT they will have no chance... Where as in the main tank there are no preds for them and mabye 1 or 2 in the next 2 weeks can get to the rock and mabye make it ..Also I got suckered into a sand sifting star (he was getting eatin by a hermit that I swear was 6 inches just the crab not the shell and I watched as the crab took a big pinch out of one of his arms and the fish guy was like uhhhhhhhh I said so he's damaged half price right.. after the guy pulled the hermit off.. he lauged and said since I got a shrip and a tang sure $5 he's real small.. he will be ok in a reef right I was not planning on him so I was looking for some info..I got yelled at by my wife now for a retard tank.. I have a crab missing 2 legs(timm-ay from previos posts) a shrimp missing an antenna and a star with a big chunk missing out of one arm..

Please dont' be mad guys

Doan

Sounds like you started a reef rehab center. This is kinda why I baught my tilapia, he was so ugly that I fealt sorry for him. The LFS mngr said he had been there for a month and everyone just laughed at him, i feel that if somethin could make me laugh so hard, he diserved a happy life too.

I am a total sucker for a sick or injured animal.. thats how I got all three of my cats. I could not belive that the crab did that to the star but i check on his drip bag every 5 min or so and he is all over the bag.. hope I can make him happy here I have only a 1.5 inch base but he is the only starfish ever going in my tank..(I can't save um all :) ) I also am purposly keeping my cleaning crew a little understaffed so everyone has all they could want and some.. But really I have a shrimp who has been in a drip bucket now for 2.5 hours what tank please help

Doan

I think most people stay away from the sand sifting stars because sooner rather than later they will stip your DSB of everything that is beneficial to your tank and starve to death. I've reat that some people will place food in the sand bed to try and feed the star but I"m not sure how successful it will or has been.

At any rate make sure you drip acclimate the start very slowly, stars are probably the most sensitive reef creature to acclimate, and BTW, they are reef safe I believe.

POOP well I cannot let that happen. Please if you have a sandsifter please help me .. what can I do to keep it alive??

Doan

Back
Top Bottom