Sounds like pretty good deal on e-bay for snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first comment is the seller is new to EBAY with no positive comments. Second in looking at their other acutions I have to wonder what this person's main focus is. As you know many people deal exclusivly in certin types of goods but this seller is selling everything from snails to telescopes to old time magazines.

true but it is free shiping and gauranteed live arival. So if anything you wasted 20 dollars. who hasn't done that before

True but they never go into any real details. Are they guarinteed to arive alive but if they die during acclomation will they honor with more snails or will they honor with a refund?

Personally I have problems dealing off ebay for live things. Dry goods are one thing but living creatures is another expecially from someone who has no known experence in shipping them. If the seller had a good feedback score and had shown by his previous acutions that he had been dealing with snails before I would be more inclinded to purchase.

I would also worry about this part:

nassairius type algae eating snails

I'd be concerned about getting Whelk snails as well as what's being offered.

Cheers
Steve

Another point is while nassarius snails will eat some algae, they primarily stay in the sandbed searching for detritus. They eat fish droppings, uneaten food, ect... You can drop some food in the tank and you'll see them pop up out of the sandbed all over the place. I wouldn't recommend buying them this source. JMHO.

Whelk snails are a predatory species (carnivores) that will attack other crustaceans and gastropods.

Cheers
Steve

I e-mailed the seller of the snails and he said that it is a new account but he has been selling reef stuff for about 8 years. he had a saltwater fish and reef store that was destroyed by a hurricane. I don't think he was lying either he was going into great detail.

whoops well unless you are Chickn you missed out.... Sold for $26
(Is that good?)

snails on e- bay

Well i had to try it . I bought a few of these snails. They arrived today usps. They were packed in a box. They were put in a bag with a Big peace of wet Cotton type stuff. I acclumated them to the my tank, they seem to all be doing fine so far. I paid $26.00 for 25 snails shipped.
Thats less than half price that the local fish stores sell them for were i live.

Dewey

Back
Top Bottom