source for base rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcrack

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have some good information on a link or source for base rock? Marco Rocks is not taking orders and apparently is having some supply issues. I'm gathering, from what I've read, that supplies in general, are an issue from certain areas.

I don't want to buy anything that has been harvested illegally obviously. But, I'd like some nice base rock to work with. Ideas? I've checked out one source but am interested in what you all have to say.

Does anyone have some good information on a link or source for base rock? Marco Rocks is not taking orders and apparently is having some supply issues. I'm gathering, from what I've read, that supplies in general, are an issue from certain areas.

I don't want to buy anything that has been harvested illegally obviously. But, I'd like some nice base rock to work with. Ideas? I've checked out one source but am interested in what you all have to say.

I would try this out. And I am looking to get some myself if your looking to start out your Foundation in you tank...

Saltwater Aquarium Live Rock for Marine Reef Aquariums: Fiji Foundation Rock

So far all I've ordered is some Vanuatu live rock from International Marine Fish. I have 30 lbs being shipped out Monday. If I like his stuff, I'll order more. This was $5.95 a lb and free shipping. So far, the customer service has been excellent. Since I'm stocking a 90 gallon from scratch, I've got a long way to go. But I know the live rock and aquascaping is really the base of everything in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom