spaghetti in canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Cleaned my filter the other day and it looked like someone tossed a handful of spaghetti in there? Tank looks good. Fish are doing great and I've never seen spaghetti type stuff in the tank so what is it and how come there's so much of it in my cannister? :uhoh:

Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture and I cleaned the spaghetti stuff out and threw it away. It didn't look alive. It looked like weird whole grain cooked spaghetti. Didn't smell bad. Next time I clean the canister if I see more of it I'll get a picture. But I have never seen anything like it in the actually tank. Isn't that strange?

Well, not really since some only grow in dark places. Where these hard calcareous shells on the walls of the filter? Or were they soft and pliable? It's amazing the things that will grow in those high flow no light areas. ;)

They were soft and pliable and very easy to pull off the canister. They were mostly sticking to the walls of the filter and the bottem.

I'd say sponges then. If you remember next time, send us a picture. I'd like to see it. :)

Back
Top Bottom