species of clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help me? I am new to the forum and would like to ask anyone if I can have different species of clowns in my 92 gallon tank?
Also...my clown hosts in everything but my bubble anemone. He hosts in my mushrooms, feather duster, polyps, corals, everything but the anemones. Why is this?? :cry:

Criss said:
Also...my clown hosts in everything but my bubble anemone. He hosts in my mushrooms, feather duster, polyps, corals, everything but the anemones. Why is this?? :cry:

This happens to the best of us Chriss. I have a tomato clown that host a pagoda cup and a gold stripe maroon that host a bubble coral.All this while my BTA sits unattended and lonely. I always tell others that there is no guantee they will host the anenomie.
As you see I have two species of clowns but let me warn you that they are not the best of friends. They scrap alot but they dont fight to the death but for the last 6 yrs they have not liked each other.

I agree, there is no guarnatee.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

You take your chance with mixing different species of clowns. Some can do it, some can't. Just depends on the individual species.

I'm lucky. My clowns host anything! If I put my hand in the tank for long enough, I think they'd start to host that too.

Back
Top Bottom