spike amonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f-dean

Aquarium Advice Regular
help I took every thing out of my 55 gal bought a QT and thew in a pre cured LR with 100 tiny feathes and some star polyps 3 small tiny anemones a bristle worm ect they are all in the eclipse 5 gal rock is about 8 lbs, there is one damsel 1 gobe 4 snails, 6 hermits, amonia is 3 and nits are also little high, I did water change 25 % and added some live bacteria to see if the levels will drop. rock is more important than the snail damsell should I throw them out, throw them in 55 whick is cycling LR or just cross fingers, I think the LR in OT is cycling I dont want all the feathers polyps ect to die, can they be saved or am I in trouble here,

Oh and while Im asking how do you transplant feathers to other LR once cycling complete.

If the rock is curing, you can remove the fish and take them to the LFS, do water changes to keep the ammonia low, the stuff on the rock should be fine with minimal loss if your foing daily water changes.

Back
Top Bottom