splitting fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eldo1998

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Over the past two weeks I have noticed that all of my fish fins are starting to split. It makes my fish look really rough. I do water changes every Sunday. I also test my water, also had my lfs test it. Water looks good. What is causing this to happen?

I have 2 trigger fish, a pair of clarkii clowns, 1 tomato clown. One if my clarkii is battling with the tomato over a long tip anemone. But my Niger trigger I noticed this morning his left side fin looks rough. I had him in the tank for like 2 weeks. The other is a Picasso trigger. And I have a yellow tang

Thats a rough group (just like mine:wink:,a lot like mine actually)...chances are they are just mixing it up a bit..How long have they been together(besides the niger) and how big a tank we talking about?

100g. I think I need more live rock to create some hiding places and caves.

100 gallons is tight for 2 triggs ,,especially if its only 4 feet long...i have a 6 foot tank and will be upgrading to an 8 footer ....
Triggers need room ,,,and so does the tang..you can try adding more rock and see if that works..Do you plan on an upgrade ??

Back
Top Bottom