Splitting tank... Er.. Well... Getting an ADDITIONAL Tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Few questions...

Current tank is a walmart special (ugh) 30 gallon.

The livestock consists of:

1 Green Spotted Puffer (Honestly, he's not really that mean.. Kinda sweet, actually)

1 Snowflake Moray eel. About 8 - 12 inched long, about as big around as a nickle.

1 brittle star (he hates the eel)

4 blue legged hermit crabs

4 small turbo snails.

Thats about it.

The eel, due to his growth spurts, is being moved to a 55 gallon all his own.

My question is.. Should I set the tank up from scratch, and let it cycle, OR,
can I take about 1/2 the water out of the original tank, the liverock, and some of the sand, and jumpstart the new tank (it'd be like a 75%+ waterchange on the eel)

Suggestions please?

Dont have name brands yet, but the new tank will have plenty of water flow, filters, and a skimmer..

Suggestions please?

I love my eel, and want this to go as easy as possible on him... But if he gets much bigger, he'll either eat my puffer, or start degrading in health due to the restricted size / territory in the 30 gal.

Many Thanks

D

i just moved 2 20g tanks into a 135 i stole water from the 2 tanks and used about 75% new water over 2 days untill i had enough water to run the sump and other stuff then took half the filter material and added it to the sump let it run 2 more days and thier all in thier no problems

Back
Top Bottom