Sps dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive had my phosphats checked with a photometer and highest they came up was .04 and thats cause i was a little late on my gfo change, anyways you want phosphate between .01-.03 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

SPS
-orange cap monti x2
-purple cap monti x6
-green cap monti x2
-Ora green birdsnest x1
-red tabling millepora acropora x1
-blue tipped tenuis acropora x1

LPS
-candy cane x1
-hammer head x2
-Finger leather x1

SOFTIES
-zoas
-poalys
-pulsing xenia x3
-mushrooms x3

RBTA

Thats what i have and the x is how many plugs of it, not all same size most are bigger if this helps in any means

Acropora are quite sensitive, but I still don't know the answer to whether they are more or less sensitive than anemones.

Well what about the change in alk and cal? Should i test again today to see what came up?

Well i tested again and it came up the same levels for alk and cal again

Your corals are taking up alk and calcium slowly. You have a pretty low load of sps corals. Dropping 1 dKh over 12 days can easily be replaced with a wc weekly.

What point do you guys recommend dosing at?

In general you start dosing when your wc's can't keep up with your weekly consumption.

Ok well im getting some water ready. Prob put salt in to mix tomorrow, 5 gallons enough? Do weekly wc's??? And also ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413946649.662624.jpg this coral people where saying looks dead has little green polops i can see when i look closely. Good sign right? Might get all its color back

It looks fine just brown. It'll probably take several months to get back to being the proper color.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413946958.892698.jpg ya but thats what it looked like in his tank

Very nice! It'll turn back into that with time and care :)

Well gettin the water ready and all going to add salt tomorrow and let it mix for a day so should be doing water change thursday. So 5 gallons every week would be good? I have a 110 display with i believe a 50ish sump, it was custom made soo

Well, it's hard to say. Just watch your alk. IME, that's all you need to be concerned with at this time. Your calcium will stay on the high side with Oceanic.

Whats IME? And thanks, if it doesn't help should i do bigger water changes or dose?

Whats IME? And thanks, if it doesn't help should i do bigger water changes or dose?

IME= In my experience
IMO= In my opinion.

Personally, if i were you i would be doing at least 10% water changes. i would change around 15-20 gallons though.. check your levels and base your wc schedule on that. If alk goes down over the week, change water and bump it up.

Well at the moment i dont have a water holding place so i have to make water each time, should i get a holding resivor set up?

Alot of people on here use Brute trash bins (food safe) and store a large quanity with a powerhead and heater in that. However if it is easier you can pick up a couple 5 gallon buckets from home depot and make water as you need it.

Well thats what i do now i have 5 gallon buckets and it takes to long that one of the reasons i dont do regular wc's

Back
Top Bottom