Stacking rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I hear against the built in overflow is a good place to stack rock... Is it a bad idea to stack rock against the back glass? Seems like it would be...

It's fine as long as you make it as stable as possible. It's not that important since viewing is not a problem. More important is that your animals can't dig under the rock and cause a landslide.

I have my LR stacked againt the back glass. Causes the fish to swim out front.

Yeah its a god idea. Something i did as well. Although you want to stack it up against the back glass, just make sure you have plenty of hiding spaces all along the rockwall, and make it so the fish can go in and out as they please. Don't just try and stack rocks flat against the wall because that calls for less space for fish.. AND less stability since there is not many rocks at the bottom, holding the top rocks up.

Also remember "water flow". Good water circulation is a must.

ya I was thinking of making like islands with a lower middle.... Im not sure yet though.

haha just remember to make sure they are secure, so you dont come in to a crapload of water all over the floor!

if I didn't glue my rocks, should I take them out now and glue them?
is there any other way to secure the rocks w/o glue?

Glue???? What is this glue you speak of lol no wonder people get such crazy aquascapes...

yep, you can use it on live rock.
if you are paranoid about it, like me, then yes, glue them. but you dont even have to take em out of the tank

yep, you can use it on live rock.
if you are paranoid about it, like me, then yes, glue them. but you dont even have to take em out of the tank

the rocks r in my established tank, so I probably have to take them out to glue them and wait for 2days and put them back...but then the live rocks will be died?!

maybe I should go get some dead rock and glue them XDDD

If you make sure they don't shake when you touch them and the bottom or base layer is firm you can just spot glue them with superglue gel and you don't have to take any rocks out. That way you won't kill any LR.

Start to find the ones that are wobbly and remove them. Clean off the spot where you want to glue, glue them with superglue and pop them back into the water. That way you won't kill off your LR. You only need to do your unstable ones.

Start to find the ones that are wobbly and remove them. Clean off the spot where you want to glue, glue them with superglue and pop them back into the water. That way you won't kill off your LR. You only need to do your unstable ones.

alrite then, the one I have in now r pretty stable.
will glue the one in the future.

Back
Top Bottom