Stand Supportive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

franktobia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I just got my tank (37 gallons) and a stand from petsmart last night. They are both made from Top Fin. The stand seems very flimsy and doesn't seem like it would support a 37 gallon filled with water, sand, and live rock. It does say it's for 29-37 gallons though. I saw another one that was made for bigger tanks but it's length was a bit longer which would be a very tight squeeze in my room. What are the chances of any damage being done to the stand/tank because of this? Should I try bracing it to the wall for extra support? Could this end up tipping?

I'd definitely get a stand that's more supportive. Those cheap petsmart stands are too much of a risk, go for something made of metal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only thing i don't like about the metal stands that i see, is the fact that every you store below the tank is seen since there aren't any walls on it. Any ways around this?

for years I had a metal stand couldn't stand looking at it . I never even had the thought cross my mind . "curtains" simple Idea I over looked for many years , if it stood in front of me it would have bit me :D simple but creative thinking I like that (y)

Last edited:
Scrap/recycle it. Build or have something built that could with stand an attack from Kim jong un, nothing worse than having to overhaul a stand once the tank has been set up.

Yes maybe a different manufacturer or a stronger used one. I have seen some of those little twiggly looking posts which look like an impossible structure for holding all that up.

You can build something useful if not fancy and very strong. The big box stores will cut the wood for you if needed. There are edgings and trims and you can seal it with good wood sealer including cut edges :)

Back
Top Bottom