starfish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the sand sifters are hardy but will eat any beneficial fauna from your sand bed. The chocolate chip stars are hardy as well but can and do eat coral and are not reef safe. blue Linkia stars are reef safe but very delicate and must be acclimated for a long time. If you get one buy one that has been at the store for a long time to make sure its not internally dmaged from improper acclimation when you buy it.

It will also depend on how mature your tank is. If this tank is under 6 months old then I would suggest you wait till it is more mature. New tanks are not stable enough to have a star IMO.

small tanks are not that good for them either. Anything under 45 gallons may not keep a linkia alive very long

I guess I`m seeing that this is a 100 gallon tank on your tank info and only up about three months. Maybe in several months you can try a linknia star. As CR said they are kind of on the difficult side but I have had mine for almost 4 yrs now. You can see them in my images.

i didn't say this b4 but we got a blue linkia yeaterday @ our LFS.. was so cute and cheap and could'nt resist.. they said it was hardy.. then i came home to read about it. big mistake getting it sounds like. it looks fine now but we shall see. only time will tell. thanks 4 replies.

Back
Top Bottom