Starfish can somebody verify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 35lbs of live rock wasnt nothing else in the tank could this be a chocolate star?? Or just bacteria

Attachments

• image-3206945440.jpg
    image-3206945440.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 73
Elmo1287 said:
I bought 35lbs of live rock wasnt nothing else in the tank could this be a chocolate star?? Or just bacteria

It's an Astrina star fish. We have loads in our tank. Harmless unless you want leather corals so I have been told.

I have a leather coral and he is fine... Haha i also have asterina star fish :eek: what did you hear about the two not being compatable?

And yeah the starfish will be fine with hermits

Elmo1287 said:
If I put a Marine hermit crab in their will they be okay together

Yes they will be fine, you will find with Astrina stars they multiply by splitting themselves in half both halves then grow into a full starfish before splitting again.

I didn't hear anything just my girlfriend went to another fish store 2 hours away an is looming for them I told her to start off with a hermit crab untill it's completely cycled

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I have a leather coral and he is fine... Haha i also have asterina star fish :eek: what did you hear about the two not being compatable?

And yeah the starfish will be fine with hermits

I was told that by a guy at the lfs we don't have leather corals so it doesn't bother us. My friend has them tho and he is the same as you had no trouble.

Back
Top Bottom