starfish growth question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
was wondering, how fast do starfish grow? I think i've got 3-4 little starfish that came on my LR and was wondering how long it takes for them to grow. They are about the size of a dime right now.

TIA

It's actually quite possible they will never get larger than they already are. Micro stars are quite common hitchikers and don't get much bigger than 1" at most. If indeed juvenille stars and not micro's, it will really depend on the available food sources to how quickly they will grow. If after a few months there is no noticable change in their dimension, they will most likely be micro stars.

Cheers
Steve

I have two white baby stars and have been wondering the same :)

Mine are about 1cm (1/2 inch) and still have their baby legs so I guess they have some growing to do :)

the little white ones are probably micro's wich grow and split quite fast but never get very big most of the bigger stars grow quite slow as far as i can tell, and brittle type stars seem to grow fairly fast.

i think the ones i have are all serpant stars of some kind. Do they grow fast?

Depends on how often and much you feed them. If you let them fend for themselves, it may take a long time. Most aquariums have plenty for them, but if you feel the need, a small pieces of shrimp once or twice a week will speed their growth along. Good luck!

KG

Back
Top Bottom