Starry Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I am getting closer to starting my cycling. I am in love with starry blennys. I just can't get enough of those little faces! I have only ever seen tanks with one. Are you able to keep more than one together? And what is their favorite food? That is the one fish that is a must for me!

Maybe I should add that I am doing a fish less cycle. Don't want you to think I planned on sticking a poor little blenny in there during that time!

There shouldn't be more than one blenny in a tank usually. They would fight if you got two. Starry blennies are peaceful, but some people say they pick on their fish.

My starry blenny is pretty aggressive. All the research said peaceful but mine is quite the opposite. He attack anything that comes near his caves and won't allow jawfish or gobys in the tank (75gl).

Mine will not accept prepared so I don't clean my back glass

Okay, that would work.. I'd prolly do it at the same time and both of equaling size.

My blenny has attacked me on occasion also while working in the tank.

My starry is peaceful. He's a big pig. Has never attacked me-thank goodness!! He has grabbed the tubes on the Nassarius a few times, but I think he bought the tube was a blood worm. :) He LOVES bloodworms and doesn't get them very often. He didn't actually hurt the snails, though.

That is awesome beengirl. What is the order you added him with your stock? I just think they are so funny and fun to watch. Every time I see one I can't stop smiling. My husband said our blenny will be named "Lenny", which will be really funny if it is a girl.

Okay, that would work.. I'd prolly do it at the same time and both of equaling size.

My blenny has attacked me on occasion also while working in the tank.

Sounds like a grumpy one! That is good idea to do the same size/same time. Thank you!

That is awesome beengirl. What is the order you added him with your stock? I just think they are so funny and fun to watch. Every time I see one I can't stop smiling. My husband said our blenny will be named "Lenny", which will be really funny if it is a girl.

Haha. Our blenny's name is Lenny too!! it might be an unwritten rule in sw. Lol. Have no idea how to tell boys from girls, though. It's been a little while, but I think he was the last of my fish added. He's a big boy, about 4 1/2"-5" long. :)

That's funny! Do you have a Dale the Snail also? He is a big guy, good thing he is peaceful! I think mine will be near the end of my stocking too, just to be safe. Thanks!

That's funny! Do you have a Dale the Snail also? He is a big guy, good thing he is peaceful! I think mine will be near the end of my stocking too, just to be safe. Thanks!

Nope, no Dale. Have way too many snails to name them all!! Lol. Love my starry. Shortly after I got him he got kinda lazy and his eyes kinda cloudy. I was thinking worms or something. I did a fw dip, but there was nothing. So I treated the tank with Prazipro, and his eyes cleared right up and he got way more active within a week. :) Just letting ou know in case you see that happen too. Good luck!

Thank you! Yup, if I got one that got sick, I would definitely want to do everything I could to make him better! My take is coming along, I can't wait to finish cycling.

Back
Top Bottom