Start of my first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome, I am definitely going to get some in different colors. But got that 2 birdnest some UN named zoas and green star polyps for 25 bucks

That's a great deal! Duncans are cool too! They grow fast and its cool to watch them feed.

ForumRunner_20130416_142959.jpg

Some updated Pictures !

fts

birdsnest/candy cane

birdsnest #2

some pics of frogspawn/Hammer

here is an underwater shot looking from the top

1 of my candy canes, this is the best looking one

and my zoas named "sonomazoas" as i havent found an ID on them yet, this pic was taken usinga option called picture pop on my camera pretty cool looking i think

And my Ricordera

Been awhile on an update, so i actually have some new stuff that i can actually update with lol.... I got these frags for a t5ho fixture i no longer used, here are some pics

i have a red cap, green sinurla (spelled wrong i know) which i dont think i will keep and also have a few more zoa's i got to get pictures of.

yes seeing plenty of growth on the frogspawn and candycanes, my ricordea has gotten a bit bigger as well

Its been a long while and long journey.... so i guess its time i update a little. I added a couple zoas in the past months but nothing fish wise till recently. in the past 2 weeks i have added a yellow tail damsel and a yellow damsel i know i know dont do it but they get along great and even with the clowns. So then the wife told me it was time and we had money thats right money !!! That i could order a new tank so tonight i ordered a 96g cornerw/stand and since i was getting the bigger tank i decided to add 1 last fish to this tank since everything is getting transfered, i added a coral beauty.

img_2734986_0_7bb8d8113fa8da7adbf4f435b8d6acac.jpg

img_2734986_1_ac61b26a3cfdd3ea68d632be4d9687c6.jpg

img_2734986_2_27c3c15bdd77ccd459a97899c07e8ed1.jpg

As much as I like them and the flame angel just can't bring myself to buy one..the last one I had chewed up a whole colony of my utter chaos zoas

Yeah i have read about them being munchers, but i dont have anything into the corals i do have now so i wasnt to worried about it.

So after coming home from a long day of swimming and watching butterflys i find this tiny thing on the front wall of my tank.... Baby Starfish of some sort ?

Yea no biggy, but they can become one... we have tons of them in our frag tanks at work but we keep fish that make a quick snack of them in there to keep them undercontrol. I think that they are a bad thing to have in your reef because they take any advantage they get to reproduce and they pretty much just sap all the good things that are in your water from any corals! (I think)

Back
Top Bottom