Start Smart......?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would definitely not recommend killing fish to cycle a tank either. ammonia is ammonia, whether it's out of a bottle, or from a newly murdered fish.

Didn't mean to offend any one I've used the super bac on the last four tanks I've set up not had any fish die butt u shouldnt use in my opinion chemicals you find at the hardware store or u will kill fish

The ace janitorial strength ammonia is the recommended bottled ammonia for cycling tanks. It has no ingredients other than ammonia and is safe to use in a fish less cycle. Don't add ammonia to a tank with fish in it, though. The bottled ammonia makes it easy to dose ammonia more precisely than by adding something like raw shrimp. I use the raw shrimp myself but if I could find pure ammonia I would use it. No ace hardware around here and all I can find is scented ammonia and ammonia with surfactants. So I just bought a bag of small frozen raw shrimp on sale for fish food / ammonia source for the cycling tank / food for me. Either way will work.

Didn't mean to offend any one I've used the super bac on the last four tanks I've set up not had any fish die butt u shouldnt use in my opinion chemicals you find at the hardware store or u will kill fish
You didn't offend me. I was just sharing My opinion, and some fact too.

Back
Top Bottom