Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1B4ME
[
Can someone HELP me with the 10 clowns in hte 10 gallon. I took a piece of the established rock and threw it into a 10 gallon with the water from the tank that the clowns came in. I am making more salt water to finish filling up the 10 gallon and will take it slow.
8O Wow... 8 clowns in 10 gallons! That is definitely not taking it slow, but I understand that the person you got them from had to house them somewhere... I guess. But I'd make up a BUNCH more water right NOW... a bunch. I'm guessing your ammonia levels are going to spike a bit and you'll have to do some major PWCs daily (maybe like 50%?) to keep them in check.

I just got done with 3 chromis in a fully cycled 10g QT and had ammonia issues for 9 days out of the 4 week quarantine period. I can't even imagine 10 fish in a 10g QT.
Yeah he was like If i can't find no one to take them I will have to flush them. I was like WTF. People like that should not own a pet PERIOD. I was like well i will take them all... Of course I am bitting my fingernails over here.... LOL

My 75 gallon is doing well DIatoms started appearing on Monday..

My params on it look well. I also added 2 watch man gobys from the same guy that gave me the clowns. I put the Goby pair in the 75 gallon. They look happy but shy.

I checked the params on the 75 and it looks good.

I checked the params and everytihng looks good.

Is the API Master Saltwater testing kit any good? If it is then the water params check ok on the 10 gallon as well...

Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

[quote="NO1B4ME"][quote="Kurt_Nelson"]
Quote:
[

Is the API Master Saltwater testing kit any good? If it is then the water params check ok on the 10 gallon as well...
I use it and it came highly recommended by quite a few people.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson
Quote:
[
Can someone HELP me with the 10 clowns in hte 10 gallon. I took a piece of the established rock and threw it into a 10 gallon with the water from the tank that the clowns came in. I am making more salt water to finish filling up the 10 gallon and will take it slow.
8O Wow... 8 clowns in 10 gallons! That is definitely not taking it slow, but I understand that the person you got them from had to house them somewhere... I guess. But I'd make up a BUNCH more water right NOW... a bunch. I'm guessing your ammonia levels are going to spike a bit and you'll have to do some major PWCs daily (maybe like 50%?) to keep them in check.

I just got done with 3 chromis in a fully cycled 10g QT and had ammonia issues for 9 days out of the 4 week quarantine period. I can't even imagine 10 fish in a 10g QT.
My ammonia level is high. I am making more salt water at the moment..............
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

PLease explain your process on making SW......how long to run through your RO/DI...what before and after #'s on your tap water, ewtc.

Hope your new additions are doing well.

CH
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #35

Guys i found my problem. My AC in my house was going bad slowly. That is what was causing my tank to get hot. MY AC went out completely on Friday night and it turned out to be a bad coil inside my house. Now my tank stays at 77-78 at all times with no fans .

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, started, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com