started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol okay. Thanks guys. It was labeled as a condy.

Went by my lfs today and they haven't gotten a shipment in. So everything they had was ugly to me :(

My bf kept pointing out beautiful lps that were $150+. Lolz.

I did get one baby clown. He is being dripped in as I type.

Lol okay. Thanks guys. It was labeled as a condy.

Went by my lfs today and they haven't gotten a shipment in. So everything they had was ugly to me :(

My bf kept pointing out beautiful lps that were $150+. Lolz.

I did get one baby clown. He is being dripped in as I type.

Awesome! Did you get your boyfriend his LPS?

Ha! HE can get one when the tank is stable.

I did ask him for a "rock" as we've been dating for years.... we agreed live rock was a good starting place!

Named the little guy BART.
he is active in his little corner of the tank but is not really exploring it.

Fins look to be in good shape but I can't tell if his tail is clamped. I'm an anxious fish mom.

Lol!!! I wasn't sure if any one would be interested! Here he is:

ForumRunner_20130123_223213.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_223229.jpg

This is the tank with blues only at just above "off". So I guess you could say 5%. The lights are very bright.
ForumRunner_20130123_223244.jpg

Also an update. Since I decided to do fish in I removed the shrimp. Numbers are .50,0,0,1.026 and I forgot to test PH. I'll do it in the morning.

Almost boiled Bart. He is recovering I think. The heater spazzed. He is very lethargic and the water is cloudy.

I'm annoyed.

I left my windows and sliding door open.... so I turned on the heater knowing the temp was gonna drop while I was at work. When I came home the living room was cold but the tank exceedingly warm.

Bart was struggling.

I opened the lid, angled the powerhead at the surface, and unplugged the heater.

I can't figure out why the water is so cloudy

So the heater malfunctioned? Not sure why the water would be cloudy unless its a bacterial bloom? Have you tested?

BART is acting strange...

ForumRunner_20130126_190105.jpg

He is just hanging out in the corner like that.

My numbers are .25,0,0,1.025.....

I'm worried about the 1400 ph which came today will blow him around.

Also. Going to do a water change.. the cloudy water reminds me of a fresh water bacterial bloom

Little guy needs to be removed till tank is cycled he's feeling the affects of the ammonia and will probably die soon.

Aww how very sad.

I'm not certain a teeny one inch fish with one day of slightly elevated ammonia is going face such a horrible outcome..... though I could be wrong and am very open to that possibility.

Bart doesn't really like my lights it seems. I don't really turn them on but when I do he stresses out :(

Doing some maintence today. Adding more sand, replacing the polyfil, adding the other power head, and testing.

Question time!!!!

1. Has anyone ordered from spikescorals.com?
2. Can I continue to use prime in my saltwater tank?

Back
Top Bottom