Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to einhaus
Starting 94 Gal Cycle

Hey guys,

I've got my 94 gal tank setup and ready to be cycled. I want to include a bunch of live rock down the road anyway, so should I cycle using it? Should I cycle using damsels? Both?

Let me know what you guys recommend...I was also thinking about order the show size from the following link, I wanted to see if you thought this was a good selection or if you could link me to a better deal, or suggest better rock:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...3&TopCatId=393

Thanks,
brian

Old 09-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
The live rock is a perfect way to cycle a tank. I cycled my 210 with it. Ironically I used the same rock from the same place that you are ordering from. Its good rock, but here is a place thats better. I ordered some additional rock from these guys this summer. Hands down better rock.
http://www.liverocks.com
Also, please do not use fish to cycle, the rock is more than sufficient. No need to torture any fish with that method.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to einhaus
Any suggestions on specific rock from LiveRocks? I have a 94gal corner tank with blue/green background.

Tags
cycle, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com