Starting a 135gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Droneshooter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone I will be starting a 135 gallon reef tank and would like some help with lighting and flow if anyone has advice or tips I'm all ears

That all depends on your budget. There are too many options to realistically name them all....

Budget is really the biggest factor to help give ideas, there really are too many options like BigRedsReefs10 said

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd probably be at the lower end
Manly I just need to know how much flow I should have in the tank and what are some good brands for power heads

And what's a good type of lighting led or t5s

Tank is
Depth 2ft (24in)
Wide 3ft (36in)
Height 3ft (36in)

Just my feeling, but the extra cost of led is worth the not having to buy bulbs at least yearly, the lower energy use, and the far lesser heat output

Take a peek at the photon units from reefbreeders, others have great things to say about the tao units and similar ones, I personally hate the company that supplies tao enough I wouldn't use them if they were given to me, but their lights are very cost effective and good quality a long as the unit doesn't crap out soon after getting it.

For flow, it's hard to beat the jaebo units, they really do a great job, and for what they do cost very little compared to a wave maker out similar setup

They are a power head, and come with a controller.

Back
Top Bottom