Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
fishlover07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 78
starting a 30 gallon

Wondering if I could get a dwarf lion fish or a puffer fish in this thirty gallon tank any help I would really appreciate
__________________

__________________
fishlover07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bectan01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: melbourne, australia
Posts: 1,930
Is it long? I believe a valentini puffer is rated for 30g. You wouldn't want much else in there tho, they eat and poop ALOT! And prefer a big swimming area. I don't think any dwarf lions go in a 30 though...
__________________

__________________
Bectan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
fishlover07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bectan01 View Post
Is it long? I believe a valentini puffer is rated for 30g. You wouldn't want much else in there tho, they eat and poop ALOT! And prefer a big swimming area. I don't think any dwarf lions go in a 30 though...
No it's a bow front
__________________
fishlover07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
woody390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,041
wouldnt do a dwarf lion but in my 34 gallon I have a valentini puffer yellow headed sleep goby 2 clowns 2 peppermint shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp. although I do water changes weekly and I have a sump on mine. they do eat a lot if you feed a lot I feed all mine half a block of brine shrimp/ a block of marine cuisine or half a cockle a day and all seems to be running ok at the moment touch wood.
__________________
woody390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlover07 View Post
Wondering if I could get a dwarf lion fish or a puffer fish in this thirty gallon tank any help I would really appreciate
No to the Lion. The dwarfs need a 55 gallon minimum.

You could do a Valentini puffer. I would get a skimmer for the tank and you most likely won't be able to keep inverts.
__________________
shady3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
fishlover07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody390 View Post
wouldnt do a dwarf lion but in my 34 gallon I have a valentini puffer yellow headed sleep goby 2 clowns 2 peppermint shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp. although I do water changes weekly and I have a sump on mine. they do eat a lot if you feed a lot I feed all mine half a block of brine shrimp/ a block of marine cuisine or half a cockle a day and all seems to be running ok at the moment touch wood.
can you post a picture of your tank
__________________
fishlover07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
woody390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,041
Here are some of my tank all seem to be very interesting to watch so would highly recommend on of these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1379476124.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	153991   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4269254397.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	153992  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1759342619.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	153993   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-737350689.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	153996  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-226044134.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	153997  
__________________

__________________
woody390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
30 gallon, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.