Starting a 35 gallon hex saltwater reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is 23x22 on a tall stand...DSB is deep sand bed...4-6 inches of fine aragonite oolite sand...after a few weeks it sets-up an anerobic system that deals with nitrates and stuff...I think we have some articles that explain it better that I can...I know it really worked for me...I am just short and not as young as you guys for all that work reaching down in the tank...I think the coral people will tell you you will have to place your corals up high to get close to your lights...I had thought of getting a hanging lighting system to keep it away from the water..

Hope I haven't just confused you...

Curly

well i do have an in tank filter i have it at the bottom of the tank to help with water flow i havew aa light that clips to the tank and sit about 6 inches from the top i do have a fine sand in the tank but i don't know if it is the aragonite oolite sand i don't have the bag any more but i have about a 2 inch base so it would be a good idea to add another bag?

Back
Top Bottom