Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Activist

a little update.. purchased a six line and gave the damsel up for adoption. i realize the 20L is too small of a tank, so while i was in my local pet store they where having a dollar per gallon sale up to 75 gallon.....sooooo i ended up getting a Marineland 75.. so now i need all the advice i can get for starting it up... sorry for the random post with no pics and poor grammar. kind of in a hurry. will update soon with pics. if anyone has any awesome links to threads about awesome sump setups and other info TIA!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It seems multiple tank syndrome has caught up with you! LOL

The 75g is an awesome size tank, you will have so much room and the rockscaping will be awesome!

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #103
Aquarium Advice Activist

^thanks! heres a quick pic of a few of the dwellers in the 20.
a little off topic but what RODI systems do you guys suggest?TIA.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I started with this unit, it was good, cheap and easy to use. Made pure water and was portable too.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I now use this one, it goes for $180 during a group buy from that site (doing one next week if youre interested). This unit is a larger size, also easy to use and produces pure water. It has larger canisters so I mounted it outisde on my patio so I can run a garden hose to it to supply the water.

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System - English

Using ro/di water is probably one of the best things you can do for your tank, especially if you have corals. And getting a machine to make it at home is absolutely awesome! LOL No lugging buckets or driving anywhere. lol

Good luck!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #105
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is the GB over? If not, how do I get in on it? Looks super nice!thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Group buy cutoff is tonight, so you can PM me your last name and email address and we can get you in still. It will start tuesday and run until next Monday. Just make sure that you register with BRS befoore the buy starts with the same email address you give me.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #107
Aquarium Advice Freak

awesome and informative build! I should've checked this out before I annoyed everyone with my 20 ?s :p

I heard all the same stuff about small tanks vs. large in both salt and freshwater, but ya know what? If you can successfully run a small tank with concentrated water chemistry occurring; you can easily run a thriving, successful BIG tank that your fish will be incredibly happy with!

Nothing wrong with facing the harder challenge first

I subbed your thread, Im going to go back and read through it more since I'm new to sw and learning as well... I may have questions for you! lol

btw, your scaping looks cool, IMO... with everything centered like that the fish and invertebrates have plenty of spaces to hide/explore.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by janky
awesome and informative build! I should've checked this out before I annoyed everyone with my 20 ?s :p

I heard all the same stuff about small tanks vs. large in both salt and freshwater, but ya know what? If you can successfully run a small tank with concentrated water chemistry occurring; you can easily run a thriving, successful BIG tank that your fish will be incredibly happy with!

Nothing wrong with facing the harder challenge first

I subbed your thread, Im going to go back and read through it more since I'm new to sw and learning as well... I may have questions for you! lol

btw, your scaping looks cool, IMO... with everything centered like that the fish and invertebrates have plenty of spaces to hide/explore.
Janky, I'm a firm believer in doing what fits the budget. A large tank is optimal, but not always affordable. I always buy the biggest I can afford. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #109
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
Janky, I'm a firm believer in doing what fits the budget. A large tank is optimal, but not always affordable. I always buy the biggest I can afford. Good luck.
Definitely agree there!
If not for space limitations I'd have like 5 giant tanks and a handful of small nanos
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice Activist

Having some trouble with th gb from brs. It still says retail beside my login name.I received a confirmation email saying that I was added... am I missing something? TIA.

Tags
starting, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com