Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebondaruk
hey guys, well i got my sump built and installed, started cycling but now im stumped with this skimmer. really aggravating. i cant keep my water level in between the min/max lines. the cup fills up within a minute with water.. the gate valve is opened all the way, i dont know how to keep it low. i tried closing the two holes in the muffler/silencer and that helped a little but now i have billions of micro bubbles in the sump. what am i doing wrong? the instructions that come with the skimmer are not for beginners with skimmers. they dont explain how to adjust properly. sheesh, really stumped.any advice?
If cup is filling up fast reduce water intake and open air intake microbubbles are part of the "break in' period most if not all skimmers will do this for couple weeks when new

Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice Activist

hey guys, long time no update...so i got the 55 fully running, transferred all my fish. bought a few more pieces of coral, but my Photobucket is not letting me load up any new pictures. in the mean time i have a question, i bought this coral a few months ago from my LFS labeled as "sun coral" but i don't think that's accurate. found an old pic. any ideas? i figure its just really bleached but i have no clue.. eats and opens up regularly.TIA guys!

Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #153
Aquarium Advice Activist

oh and as soon as i fix my photbucket ill post a legit update! its the coral behind the SS star.thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

My vote is Palythoa Grandis - giant cinnamon polyps.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #155
Aquarium Advice Activist

My friend I think you are correct! Thanks so much!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Proof that I spend far too much time drooling in the Diver's Den of Liveaquaria...
Old 07-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice Activist

just logged back online to see my old thread..man its awesome seeing where i came from..i now have a 190 DSA SPS (beginning stages mind you) with a 110 rubber sump. love this hobby and advice to new people starting out, WHEN (not "if") you have a catastrophe, keep on trucking....it will be worth it all.. GL everyone and happy reefing!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #158
Aquarium Advice Activist

Old 07-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice. Can't wait to see it develop.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
starting, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com