Starting a new tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the CUC you thinking of crabs and snails or just snails? I like Florida Cerith, nassarius and astera snail, I like how the turbo snails clean up algae but they are bulldozers. Crabs emerald and a couple of hermit crabs if you are going to have crabs in the tank. Some people like crabs and others don't one of my tanks doesn't have any in it but that is just because I have a coral banded shrimp that would probably kill them.

Xathos said:
You sure can, are you going to add live rock as well?

Ya could I use that instead of the carbon and put a light over it? I hAve A sump also. It will be my main filtration so I'm really not sure if I
Should even use it.

No an HOB filter is used when you don't have a sump. And no nothing bad will happen you just don't want to use it all the time. You can use it monthly to polish the water or remove meds in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Haha yeah I'm putting a sump under my new tank and am thankful that I don't need an HOB on this one! Good luck! :)

No an HOB filter is used when you don't have a sump. And no nothing bad will happen you just don't want to use it all the time. You can use it monthly to polish the water or remove meds in the tank

oh ok Thanks for the info

For the CUC you thinking of crabs and snails or just snails? I like Florida Cerith, nassarius and astera snail, I like how the turbo snails clean up algae but they are bulldozers. Crabs emerald and a couple of hermit crabs if you are going to have crabs in the tank. Some people like crabs and others don't one of my tanks doesn't have any in it but that is just because I have a coral banded shrimp that would probably kill them.

I like the blue-legged hermit crab and crab emeralds.. Are they any disadvantages to having hermit crabs?

Did some tests and ammonia and nitrite are 0 for the first time! Wooohoo! Nitrate is 5ppm. Gonna leave it 2-3 more days and make sure the level is stable then add my CUC! Ahh, so exciting. :p

You can see some of the dead matter from the live rock on this picture on the sand bed.

Attachments

• live_rock_cycled.jpg
    live_rock_cycled.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom