Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Starting a new Tank

I am planning on starting a new saltwater fish tank, it is going to be my fist saltwater tank but I have had 3 freshwater tanks in the past. I am going to get a 29 gallon coralife biocube which comes 10,000k florescent light and actinic, 3 blue lunar LEDs and an integrated wet/dry biological filter in the back, also I am pretty sure it comes with a basic pump. I know some of the basics I need like like 30-40 pounds on live rock 30 pounds of LS a pump maybe a protein skimmer a saltwater tester kit to see how the cycle is going. What I am asking is if I am forgetting anything and what fish and CUC I can get in that tank. I am a little new to what I would need in terms of a clean up crew but the Fish I want are 1 Purple dartfish 1 tail spot blenny 2 clowns (not sure what kind, thinking Ocellaris or Designer) and 1 Royal Gramma. Would this be an OK set of fish, I have been using a site called AqAdvisor and it says my tank would be 87% full with 10% water changes need each week. Thanks for your help.
Fluorescent Lamps Included: 10,000K and Actinic
3 Lunar Blue LEDs
Integrated Wet/Dry Biological Filtration
See more at: BioCube | Coralife Marine & Freshwater Aquarium Supplies

AwesomeDartfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bio cube 29 stocked similar . I have two OC clowns, a lawnmower blenny, coral beauty, and fire fish . my next addition will be the 6 lines wrasse..i may trade the coral beauty for a royal gramma..my cuc consists of about 12-15 blue leg hermits and about 10 snails..I've had no luck with shrimp as I've lost all the ones I've added...I do 5 gallon water changes every week..its a lot easier than it seems I think you'll do fine!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
fishybuisness is offline   Reply With Quote

new tank, star, start, starting, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com