Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

And how many of each species could you put with the clownfish in the 33g fish only aquarium with live rock.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

There are a lot of fishies you can put with two clowns...here are two that i particularly like for small aquariums because of their colour

six-lined wrasse (good for eating bristle worms)
flame angel (only if you are not getting corals)

Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What about one of those purple dotty backs.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Considering Clowns aggressive nature it might be good to get a purple dotty back. They too are slightly aggressive. I would make sure that the dotty is eating frozen mysis before adding to your tank. Within the first few days you will know if the two will get along. If the clowns show a lot of aggression try rearranging your rocks.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If I were to buy 2 ocellaris clowns, a six-lined wrasse, a flame angel and a purple dotty back. How much Australian dollars would I expect to pay for each spieces and what order would you add them in.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have no idea what they would cost in Australian dollars since i am in Canada :P.

I would add the most dosile fish first and the most aggressive fish last. I would properly add the clowns last since they can hold their own and they will generally gain up on other fish. I think the flame angel is the least aggressive so I would add him first. Than probably the six-line wrasse and the purple dotty than the clowns last. This is just my best guess I would talk to your lfs first :P...

i would without a doubt add the clowns last. Word of warning clowns have a history of biting their owners. You might have a few thumb wars with them. They aren't big enough to cause any damage. If they really really like your tank and are feeling naughty they will probably lay eggs since they can change their sex at will.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

With these fish could I put a mandarin fish and what other fishcan go with the ocellaris clowns the purple dottyback the flame angel and the sixline wrasse.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskett96
With these fish could I put a mandarin fish and what other fishcan go with the ocellaris clowns the purple dottyback the flame angel and the sixline wrasse.
Mandarin must be placed in a mature tank. They are expert only, because they are hard to get them feeding frozen food.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What about blue and yellow tangs. And fish like lion fish.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

33g really limits your fish... You can put in a dwarf angel fish. Look at Liveaquaria.com. Give you tank sizes and compatibility charts.

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, starting, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com